Sunday, August 1, 2010

Movies

Saw two films this weekend.

I went to the theater to see Cyrus with two great actors, John C. Reilly and Marisa Tomei. The trailer says that it is a comedy, but it is not a comedy in any traditional sense. It is worth seeing just for the performances.



I also watched the DVD of My Boy Jack, the PBS film about Rudyard Kipling and his son. Daniel Radcliffe plays Jack, the son, and his performance is very good. My only criticism of the film is that I think the portrayal of Rudyard was a little too cheery. I don't know the much about Rudyard Kipling, but even if he did think his son should go off to war, I find it hard to believe that he would have been so damn happy about it. I thought he come off as a bit of a buffoon in the film. It would have been better if his character had been given a little more depth. Here is the final scene with Rudyard and King Edward, who has also lost his son John.

No comments:

Post a Comment