Saturday, March 6, 2010

Kazimierz Pulaski

Kazimierz Pulaski was born 265 years ago today in Poland. Pulaski, one of the heroes of the American Revolution, is credited with saving the life of George Washington at the Battle of Brandywine. Known as the "father of the American cavalry", he was named "Commander of the Horse" by the Continental Congress. Wounded in battle in October 1779, he died from his injuries.

There are monuments to Pulaski in both DC and Baltimore. Here are pictures of both monuments that I took this week.

Following the link to the Pulaski pictures, is a link to a second set of pictures. I had to have AM light to photograph the Baltimore Pulaski Monument. Since I am rarely out taking pictures in the morning, I took some other pictures of Patterson Park while I was there.


Kazimierz Pulaski



Patterson Park, Baltimore - 3/6/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment